20121109

capturing velocity shooting days

My sculptural video installation, titled capturing velocity, was included in the Montana Triennial this year.  In the last week of the exhibition, my friend Doug Ness documented it for me.  
  
The final installation in the Missoula Art Museum looked like this.

capturing velocity, Toni Matlock, © 2012, photo Doug Ness



capturing velocity, detail, Toni Matlock, © 2012, photo Doug Ness




The projection of the video into the granules of salt made a slightly reflective and rough texture that looked something like this.



capturing velocity, detail of projection into salt grains, Toni Matlock, © 2012, photo Doug Ness



***

I shot the video footage over the course of 30 Spring days in Missoula, Montana.  

When it didn't snow or rain, shooting days usually looked something like this:

pointing west, Missoula, ©2012 toni matlock

watching wind, Missoula, ©2012 toni matlo

To follow posts of my artwork, see ToniMatlock.com

 
See my earlier post on the making of capturing velocity by clicking here, it's titled knocking myself out











See Doug Ness' photography website, too.

No comments: