20101222

Montana to Chicago drive

Last summer we took a three week road trip to the midwest and back.  While we were traveling, I enjoyed the trip and when we returned I jumped back into work, so finally, now, I will post my pictures and notes in a series of batches.

First of all, the trip was fantastic, so imagine me gushing over every silly little thing that I just have to share like a little old lady.  (Am I my Great Aunt Vera or Aunt Vesta?  I'm not sure yet.)  


Phase one was from Montana to Illinois.  It rained most of the first two days of the drive but it didn't really matter much. Not to us.


Rocket Motel, Custer, South Dakota
Rushmore in the rain
Crazy Horse Profile
Surprise David Mac for lunch in Madison

The sun shined once we reached Illinois.  Just in time to get out of the car more.

We like The Carleton, Oak Park, IL

Dinner with Larry O'K in Chicago

Trib Family Connecting


Lurie Garden: A 5 acre garden Designed by Gustafson Guthrie Nichol Ltd, Piet Oudolf and Robert Israel represents the City's motto, "Urbs in Horto" (City in a Garden)
This cooling trough is a brilliant part of the Millenium Park

The Crown Fountain by Jaume Plensa

Lunch at Terzo Piano

Conclusion:  
Wouldn't it be great to move back to Chicago?  
(smiles)
Yeah.
(long pause)  
Yeah, except in the winter.  
Yeah, seriously. Except in the winter. 
That's when it's hell.
(sighs)

No comments: